MKII Tyre Baler
Car Tyres and other Lightweight tyres are now easier to recycle with Gradeall’s very own MKII Tyre Baler which is designed for baling scrap and waste tyres helping to increase efficiencies in truck loads and more importantly increase your margins. There are many other reasons why tyre baling is an attractive option.
The Gradeall MKII Tyre Baler conforms to PAS108: PAS 108 has been prepared by The British Standards Institution (BSI) in collaboration with WRAP (Waste & Resources Action Programme) to provide a specification for producing compact tyre bales of a consistent and verifiable quality and dimension.
The typical customers for the MKII Tyre baler include waste tyre collectors, waste tyre transporters and waste tyre recyclers.
Can this Tyre Baler Bale Truck Tyres?
Not normally. The truck tyre baler has been designed to deal with unprocessed truck tyres. However, when combined with a sidewall cutter it is possible to cut the sidewalls from tyres separating the sidewalls and treads. Then the tyre parts can be deposited into the MKII tyre baler in a specific pattern to produce a bale containing up to 26 tyres. Watch the video to see how to bale truck tyres in a MKII baler. A number of our customers now operate a sidewall cutter and MKII baler together and find that this combination is ideal for dealing with a wide range of road going tyres.
Tyre transport costs
The Gradeall MKII Tyre Baler is one of the most cost-effective Tyre Balers in Europe today in terms of capital cost. It also offers fantastic operational efficiency in that it can be operated by one person, and the baling wire cost per bale is minimal, the typical cost per bale with baling wire and electricity included is £2.60 (based on average UK electricity costs).
Gradeall can supply this machine on a purchase, purchase with lease finance or rental basis over a fixed period.
To find out more about the Gradeall MKII tire baler feel free to contact us.
The MKII tyre baler features remote monitoring system, in essence, the same intelli-fill system as portable and static compactors but tailored for a tyre baler.
- Advanced warning if any system properties fall out of safe operating parameters allowing for pre-emptive warnings about potential issues.
- Gradeall can remotely “log onto” the machine to analyse the system for remote diagnostics and troubleshooting which results in faster troubleshooting and fewer service call outs.
- Fine control of settings. If required Gradeall can make amendments to pressure settings (within a defined safe range), time delays and so on to ensure that your baler performs its best for the type of bales you produce.
- Built-in service counter, rather than arrange for machine servicing by calendar month the system will monitor the baler usage and determine from that how often it requires maintenance. For more frequent users this will mean that the baler remains in the best possible condition, whereas for less frequent users this means servicing is only performed when required.
- Email alerts are sent to a number of designated email addresses to notify when the baler has produced a bale, providing a bale counting function. This is also ideal if sending bales onwards as containers can be organised to collect the completed bales.
- For operators with multiple balers, it is possible to monitor their usage from one central location. This is particularly useful when the balers are a wide distance apart from each other.
Requirements for remote monitoring;
This remote monitoring system uses a GSM SIM card which needs to have an active subscription subject to network operator costs.
Sufficient signal strength is needed for a reliable connection, this can vary depending on location and specific network operator.
Demonstration of Tyre Baler
The short animation below quickly demonstrates the MKII tyre baler producing a bale
Click on this link to see important dimensions to consider when deciding where to situate a MKII tyre baler on your site.
Gradeall Can supply the MKII tyre baler to locations across the Globe. Have a look at shipping options available for the MKII tyre baler along with other equipment. Gradeall are happy to provide a quote for sending equipment in a container to an address that you choose.
- Reduces volume of waste tyres by 85% (6:1)
- Each bale contains up to 110 tyres
- Over 45 tonnes of compaction force
- Bale full warning light
- PAS108 compliant bales produced
- Easy to use bale ejection system
|Model||MKII Tyre Baler|
|Transport Height (mm)||3100|
|Power supply||415v 3 Phase|
|Motor size (Kw)||7.5|
|Cycle time (seconds)||57|
|Bale dimensions WxDxH (mm)||1500 x 1200 x 750|
|Bake weight (Kg)||Up to 1100|
|Machine weight (Kg)||4700|
|Head force (Tonne)||45|
|Noise level (dB)||70 - 80|
|Number of baling wires||5|